Iditasport Winter Bike Training Camp
January 2-4th & 23-25th 2015
Day One: A 20-50 mile distance is scheduled for the overnight trip. We will have a heated safety base camp set up, but participants will bivy outside. Dinner is provided the first night.
Day Two: Ride 10-20 miles before lunch. They will stop along the way for lunch & lectures. Continue on for another 10-15 miles to camp outside overnight.
Winter Skills Taught:
- What to wear: the importance of layering
- Skills of proper gear packing
- Winter biking skills (air pressure, riding techniques, etc.)
- Hydration, food consumption and preparation
- Building shelters for survival & comfort
- Building a fire: how and with what and where
- Night Riding techniques & importance of lighting set up
- Navigation skills: natural and permanent objects
- Wilderness first aid (frost bite, dehydration, hypothermia, etc.)
- Extreme winter survival techniques
Pick up & drop off from your hotel, fat bike rental, hub generator (bike light), headlamp, Relevate Designs frame bag, “The Harness” (handlebar strapping system) and gas tank (snack bag), insulated water bottle covers (fits 32oz. Nalgene), sleeping bag, bivy sack, insulated pad, Dogwood Design poagies, front and rear racks. Bike repair kit (pump, bike multi-tool, tire lever & an extra tube), helmet & dinner on the first night.
$750 per rider.
Not included: meals, snacks, white gas stove. You will prepare all of your own meals in the Alaskan wilderness.
Class only & NO gear/bike rental: $500 (transportation is included).
Iditasport Ski or Foot, please contact us for individual training camps.
Iditarod Trail invitational Winter Camp Rentals
February 2-6th, 2015
Winter Training Camp includes: One bike, seven day rental, Relevate Designs frame bag, “The Harness” (handlebar strapping system) and gas tank (snack bag), insulated water bottle covers (fits standard 32oz. Nalgene).
Dogwood Design poagies, front and rear racks, Bike repair kit (pump, bike multi-tool, tire lever & an extra tube).
$499 Aluminum Fat Bike
We will drop off your bike at your hotel and you will coordinate drop off at Iditasport Race Headquarters in Knik Feb. 6th, 2015
If you build it they will come! Please contact us if you want to build your own adventure!